Southport Business Improvement District
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the Southport Business Improvement
District Business Plan and to outline the next steps required by
the council as per the 2014 Business Improvement District
The Cabinet considered the report of the Head of Economic Growth and Housing which provided details of the Southport Business Improvement District (BID) Business Plan and the proposals for the Council to hold a ballot as part of the process to enable the BID to be formally established in accordance with the 2004 BID Regulations.
(1) the proposals for the Southport Business Improvement District (BID) as set out in the business plan be approved;
(2) the Head of Economic Growth and Housing be authorised to submit a positive vote on behalf of the Council;
(3) the Chief Executive be granted delegated authority inconsultation with the Leader of the Council and the Head of Corporate Resources (Section 151 Officer), to sign a future BID Baseline Agreement on behalf of the Council;
(4) the Head of Corporate Resources be authorised to complete the necessary formal agreements required for the collection of the BID Levy if a Yes vote is achieved; and
(5) as the relevant ballot holder, authority be given to the Electoral Reform Services to hold the BID ballot.
Reasons for Decision:
To allow the BID ballot to commence and then thereafter for the BID company to deliver a new 5 year term
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected:
There are no other alternative options for the BID delivery, or similar model that would secure the level of private sector investment into Southport.
Report author: Mark Catherall
Publication date: 13/03/2019
Date of decision: 07/03/2019
Decided at meeting: 07/03/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 21/03/2019