Proposed Disabled Parking Places - Brookfield Avenue, Woodville Avenue, Crosby & Tattersall Road, Litherland.
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member - Locality Services
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek approval for the introduction or removal of Disabled Parking Places at various locations in the Borough.
(1) the implementation of a Traffic Regulation Order be approved, the effect of which will introduce a disabled person’s parking place on the south-east side of Brookfield Avenue, Crosby, centrally located outside 22 Brookfield Avenue;
(2) the implementation of a Traffic Regulation Order be approved, the effect of which will introduce a disabled person’s parking place on the north-west side of Woodville Avenue, Crosby, from a point 8 metres north-east of the north-east kerbline of College Road to a point 14.6 metres north-east of the north-east kerbline of College Road;
(3) the implementation of a Traffic Regulation Order be approved, the effect of which will be to remove a disabled person’s parking place outside 43 Tattersall Road, Litherland;
(4) the necessary legal procedures, including those of public consultation and advertising the Council’s intention to implement the Order, be approved;
(5) in the event that no objections are received during the consultation process referred to in (4) above, the Head of Regulation & Compliance be authorised to make the Order and the Highway Management Manager be authorised to implement the Order; and in the event that objections are received during the consultation process, the matter be referred to Licensing & Regulatory Committee for consideration in accordance with the Council’s Constitution.
Reason for the Decision:
The Council has the power to revoke a Traffic Regulation Order (Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984) as well as the power to make a new Traffic Regulation Order (Section 1 of that Act). Authorisation to advertise new Traffic Regulation Orders falls under the remit of Cabinet Member Locality Services.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected:
Publication date: 07/01/2019
Date of decision: 07/01/2019
Effective from: 15/01/2019