Proposed waiting restrictions - Marine Drive, Southport
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member - Locality Services
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek approval for the introduction of waiting restrictions at the vehicular entrances to the new Lifeboat station on Marine Drive, Southport.
(1) the implementation of a Traffic Regulation Order be approved, the effect of which will introduce a ‘No waiting at any time’ Traffic Regulation Order on both sides of the vehicular entrance to the Lifeboat station between the roundabout on Marine Drive and the roundabout at Esplanade;
(2) t the implementation of a Traffic Regulation Order be approved, the effect of which will introduce a ‘No waiting at any time’ Traffic Regulation Order on both sides of the vehicular entrance to the Lifeboat egress at the Lifeboat station on the roundabout at Marine Drive;
(3) the necessary legal procedures, including those of public consultation and advertising the Council’s intention to implement the Order, be approved;
(4) in the event that no objections are received during the consultation process referred to in (3) above, the Head of Regulation & Compliance be authorised to make the Order and the Highway Management Manager be authorised to implement the Order; and
(5) in the event that objections are received during the consultation process, the matter be referred to the Licensing & Regulatory Committee for consideration in accordance with the Council’s Constitution.
Reason for the Decision:
The Council has the power to revoke a Traffic Regulation Order (Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984) as well as the power to make a new Traffic Regulation Order (Section 1 of that Act). Authorisation to advertise new Traffic Regulation Orders falls under the remit of Cabinet Member Locality Services.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected:
Publication date: 07/01/2019
Date of decision: 07/01/2019
Effective from: 15/01/2019