Agenda and minutes
Venue: Town Hall, Bootle
Contact: Caitlin Manion Democratic Services Officer
Election of Chair
That Councillor John Kelly be elected Chair for this meeting of the Sub-Committee.
Declarations of Interest
Members are requested at a meeting where a disclosable pecuniary interest or personal interest arises, which is not already included in their Register of Members' Interests, todeclare any interests that relate to an item on the agenda.
Where a Member discloses a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest, he/she must withdraw from the meeting room, including from the public gallery, during the whole consideration of any item of business in which he/she has an interest, except where he/she is permitted to remain as a result of a grant of a dispensation.
Where a Member discloses a personal interest he/she must seek advice from the Monitoring Officer or staff member representing the Monitoring Officer to determine whether the Member should withdraw from the meeting room, including from the public gallery, during the whole consideration of any item of business in which he/she has an interest or whether the Member can remain in the meeting or remain in the meeting and vote on the relevant decision.
No declarations of any disclosable pecuniary interests or personal interests were received.
Report of the Head of Locality Services – Commissioned.
The Sub-Committee considered the report of the Head of – Highways and Public Protection regarding an application by The Nags Head Hotel, Green Lane, Thornton for a Variation of a Premises Licence in respect of the above premises as follows:
· The sale of alcohol by retail (on and off the premises):
· The provision of regulated entertainment – live music;
· The provision of regulated entertainment – recorded music;
· The provision of regulated entertainment – entertainment of a similar description to that falling within the category of live music, recorded music, or performance of dance:
· The provision of regulated entertainment – films;
· The provision of regulated entertainment – performance of dance:
· The provision of late night refreshment:
· Hours premises be open to public:
In addition to the matters outlined above, the applicant also wished to remove the following condition;
‘Regulated entertainment (excluding recorded music) shall end at 23.00’
And replace with:
‘Sunday to Thursday regulated entertainment (excluding recorded music) shall end at 23.00, with the exception of New Year’s Eve when regulated entertainment shall end at 01.00 a.m.’
‘Friday to Saturday regulated entertainment (excluding recorded music) shall end at 00.00, with the exception of New Year’s Eve when regulated entertainment shall end at 01.00 a.m.’
They also wished to remove the following out of date conditions:
‘Alcohol shall not be sold or supplied unless it is paid for before or at the time when it is sold or supplied except alcohol sold or supplied:
a) With and for consumption at a meal supplied at the same time, consumed with the meal and paid for together with the meal;
b) For consumption by a person residing the premises or his guest and paid for together with his accommodation;
c) To a canteen or mess.’
An objection to the application had been received and this necessitated a hearing for which the Sub-Committee had been convened.
The Chair advised the Sub-Committee that additional conditions had been agreed following representations from Merseyside Police and as a result of this agreement, representations had been formally withdrawn.
The Sub-Committee heard representations from:
· Mr Robert Keithley, on behalf of the applicant Greene King Retailing Limited;
· Mr David Ogley, on behalf of the applicant Greene King Retailing Limited;
· Councillor Steve McGinnity, Manor Ward Councillor, on behalf of the objector; and
· A written representation ... view the full minutes text for item 3.