Regional Growth Fund Bids for the North Liverpool and South Sefton Strategic Regeneration Framework
Decision maker: Cabinet
Decision type: Key Issue
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the acceptance of any offer letters in connection with Regional Growth Fund Bids, where the Council is the accountable body. To report on any known private sector led bids relevant to Sefton.
The Cabinet considered the report of the Director of Built Environment on the outcome of the Regional Growth Fund Round 2 applications to the Department of Business Innovation and Science.
During the discussion on this item, a Cabinet Member requested that negotiations be held with Peel Ports and their tenants to ensure that all interested parties were involved in the development of the River Dredging project.
This is a Key Decision and was included in the Council’s Forward Plan of Key Decisions.
(1) the progress with the Regional Growth Fund Round 1 and 2 applications be noted;
(2) the conditional offer of £35 million from the Department of Business Innovation and Science (BIS) to Sefton Council for River Dredging, be noted;
(3) the Strategic Director - Place and Head of Corporate Finance and ICT be authorised to undertake all necessary due diligence to progress the offer to unconditional offer stage;
(4) the Council accepts in principle the role of accountable body for the River Dredging project, subject to negotiation of a satisfactory legal agreement with Peel Ports (as Statutory Port Authority), completion of due diligence, and an unconditional grant offer letter from BIS;
(5) officers proceed to negotiate a legal agreement with Peel Ports in respect of the River Dredging project, and report progress to the Cabinet at a subsequent meeting;
(6) approval in principle be given to the commissioning of a Wide Area study to provide a spatial masterplan and investment programme, so that the benefits of investment in Port Expansion can be maximised for local communities; and
(7) officers be authorised to prepare bids for Round 3 of the Regional Growth Fund, and to report back in due course.
Report author: Mark Long
Publication date: 21/02/2012
Date of decision: 16/02/2012
Decided at meeting: 16/02/2012 - Cabinet
Effective from: 29/02/2012