Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
It was moved by Councillor Ian Maher, seconded by Councillor Fairclough and unanimously
(1) the Council do hereby place on record its appreciation of the ability, courtesy and impartiality, shown by Councillor Clare Louise Carragher in her capacity as Mayor of the Borough and Chair of the meetings of the Council, during the Municipal Years 2021/22 and 2022/23, and for her attendance at many civic and public functions, both inside and outside of the Borough;
(2) the Council also desires to extend its thanks to both Mrs Audrey Stanson and Mr Jason Carragher for their support and encouragement given to the Mayor;
(3) the Council wishes to record its appreciation of the excellent effort and involvement by Councillor Carragher and both Mrs Audrey Stanson and Mr Jason Carragher, in connection with the Mayor of Sefton's Charity Fund;
(4) the Council further desires to extend its sincere thanks to Councillor Carragher and both Mrs Stanson and Mr Carragher for the hospitality extended to Royal Visits, Overseas Visitors and Civic Dignitaries hosted by this Borough; and
(5) a copy of these Resolutions be passed under the Corporate Seal and presented to Councillor Carragher.
Councillor Carragher was then presented with a framed copy of the Vote of Thanks as a token of the Council’s appreciation of the manner in which she and both Mrs Stanson and Mr Carragher had undertaken their duties in the Office of Mayor during the past twenty-four months.
Councillor Carragher responded to the Vote of Thanks and expressed her appreciation to her Mayoress, Mrs Stanson, Consort, Mr Carragher, the various organisations she had visited and the members of the public she had met and the Council officers who had supported her during her Term of Office. Councillor Carragher also referred to some of the highlights of her Term of Office which included meeting the then Princess of Wales and now Queen Camilla and the Princess Royal, the late Queen’s Platinum Anniversary Celebrations, reading the Proclamations following the succession of King Charles III, the Freedom of the Borough events and attending the Eurovision Song Contest Final.
Publication date: 22/05/2023
Date of decision: 16/05/2023
Decided at meeting: 16/05/2023 - Council