Decision Maker: Cabinet Member - Adult Social Care
Decision status: Awaiting Implementation
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The purpose of this report is to seek approval on decisions on usage and allocations of the Workforce Recruitment & Retention Fund.
That the following be approved:
(1) An allocation of £889,000 to Adult Social Care Providers which will be passported to them to support them with workforce related matters in line with the grant conditions associated with the fund. The breakdown of specific allocations is detailed in section 2.6 of this report;
(2) Approval by the Executive Director of Adult Social Care and Health of a supplementary revenue estimate of £143,474 to fund wider workforce measures. This approval is supported by the Section 151 Officer;
(3) That any underspends arising following the implementation of the above two recommendations are re-distributed through further re-allocations in line with the recommendations and issues identified in this report, with such decisions being delegated to the Executive Director for Social Care & Health in further consultation with the Cabinet Member – Adult Social Care; and
(4) That if Central Government release more funding in the future, that decisions on its use are delegated to the Executive Director of Adult Social Care and Health in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care and the Executive Director of Corporate Resources and Customer Services, in order to ensure that any such decisions can be made as quickly as possible.
Reasons for the Decision(s):
To agree proposals on the allocation of the Workforce Recruitment & Retention Fund to both support Adult Social Care Providers and to also support delivery of wider workforce related initiatives.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected: (including any Risk Implications)
The following option was considered and rejected;
1. Allocating 100% of the fund to Adult Social Care Providers – this option was considered and rejected as it was identified that the fund could in part be used to deliver wider workforce initiatives, which will in turn provide further support to Providers.
Publication date: 11/01/2022
Date of decision: 11/01/2022
Effective from: 20/01/2022