Slaidburn Crescent, Southport - Proposed Limited Waiting restrictions.
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member - Locality Services
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek approval for changes for the introduction of waiting restrictions on Slaidburn Crescent, Southport.
Cabinet Member Approval is given for:
(1) the implementation of a Traffic Regulation Order, the effect of which will prohibit waiting at any time on the north-east side of Slaidburn Crescent, from the south-east kerb-line of the west east section of Slaidburn Crescent to a point 15 metres south east of the west-east section of Slaidburn Crescent;
(2) the implementation of a Traffic Regulation Order, the effect of which will prohibit waiting at any time on the south-east side of Slaidburn Crescent, from the north-east kerb-line of the first section of Slaidburn Crescent from its junction with Fylde Road to a point 17 metres north east of the north-east kerb-line of the first section of Slaidburn Crescent from its junction with Fylde Road;
(3) the necessary legal procedures to be progressed, including those of public consultation and advertising the Council’s intention to implement the Order;
(4) in the event that no objections are received during the consultation process referred to in (2) above, the Chief Legal & Democratic Officer be authorised to make the Order and the Highway Management Manager be authorised to implement the Order; and
(5) in the event that objections are received during the consultation process, the matter be referred to the Licensing & Regulatory Committee for consideration in accordance with the Council’s Constitution.
Reasons for the Decision:
The Council has the power to revoke a Traffic Regulation Order (Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984) as well as the power to make a new Traffic Regulation Order (Section 1 of that Act). Authorisation to advertise new Traffic Regulation Orders falls under the remit of Cabinet Member for Locality Services.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected:
Publication date: 12/09/2019
Date of decision: 12/09/2019
Effective from: 20/09/2019