Joint report of NHS South Sefton Clinical Commissioning Group and NHS Southport and Formby Clinical Commissioning Group.
The Committee considered the joint update report of the NHS South Sefton Clinical Commissioning Group and the NHS Southport and Formby Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), providing an update about the work of the Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). The report outlined details of the following:
· Dil welcomed to Governing Body;
· Women Urged to Attend their Cervical Screening;
· Children’s Mental Health Week;
· NHS App; and
· Annual Patient and Community Engagement Assessment.
Members of the Committee asked questions/raised matters on the following issues:
· What progress had been made regarding the potential merger with CCGs in North Merseyside?
The matter had been put to the Governing Bodies for both Sefton CCGs at their meetings held in February 2020. The potential merger would require the support of the CCGs’ GP practice memberships and they would be balloted on the proposal. The outcome would inform a further paper to the Governing Bodies, expected in April 2020, as to whether the CCGs should pursue an application to NHS England to merge with counterparts in North Merseyside from April 2021. Knowsley and Liverpool CCGs were undergoing a similar process.
· What would happen if the proposed merger was not supported?
Whichever future configuration of the CCGs was supported by the Governing Bodies and approved by their memberships would be implemented.
That the update report submitted by the Clinical Commissioning Groups be received.