Report of the Head of Highways and Public Protection.
The Committee considered the report of the Head of Highways and Public Protection updating on applications made under the Licensing Act, 2003 and the Gambling Act, 2005 which had been determined by Licensing Officers.
The report indicated that Sefton Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy (issued under the Licensing Act 2003) and the Statement of Gambling Policy (issued under the Gambling Act 2005), both followed the recommended delegation of functions contained within the Guidance issued under Section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003 and the Guidance issued under Section 25 of the Gambling Act 2005. Where there were no relevant representations to applications, then these matters would be dealt with by Officers in order to speed matters through the system. The Guidance also recommended that where powers had been delegated, the Committee would receive regular reports on decisions made by Officers in order to maintain an overview of the general licensing situation.
The report indicated that during the period 14 May 2021 to 18 August 2021 the Head of Highways and Public Protection had received and determined the following numbers of applications:
Under the Licensing Act 2003:
· 78 Applications made under Premise Licences
· 31 Applications made under Personal Licences
· 44 Notifications of Temporary Event Notices
· 13 Notifications of Late Temporary Event Notices
Under the Gambling Act 2005:
· 23 Applications made under Gambling Premise Licences
· 1 Application made under Licensed Premises Gaming Permits
· 3 Notifications given for Licensed Premises Automatic Gaming
· 1 Application made under Club Machine Permits
That the report and the fact that further update reports would be submitted as necessary, be noted.