Report of the Executive Director of Corporate Resources and Customer Services
The Council considered the report of the Executive Director of Corporate Resources and Customer Services that provided a review of the Member Development Programme that ran in 2021-22 and proposals for the 2022/23 Programme. A copy of the Member Induction Programme for 2022 was attached to the report.
It was moved by Councillor Lappin, seconded by Councillor Fairclough and
(1) the Sefton Council Member Development Programme for the 2022-2023 Municipal Year be rolled forward;
(2) the following non-statutory courses be continued to be designated as mandatory:
· Information and Compliance
· Safeguarding Children Awareness
· Safeguarding Adults Awareness
· Corporate Parenting;
(3) the establishment of a Member Development Steering Group comprising representation from the respective political groups be approved and the Cabinet Member – Regulatory, Compliance and Corporate Services be authorised to approve the membership and terms of reference of the Steering Group; and
(4) the intention to work towards achievement of the North-West Member Development Charter for Sefton be noted and endorsed.