Report of the Executive Director of Children’s Social Care and Education
Further to Minute No. 25 of 26 January 2021, the Committee considered the report of the Executive Director of Children’s Social Care and Education updating Committee Members on the progress made against the actions taken and progress made with regard to the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Continuous Improvement Plan.
The report indicated that the Health and Wellbeing Board provided system leadership, kept the Council’s Cabinet informed of progress and, if necessary, would escalate concerns to this Committee to provide additional scrutiny.
The report set out the background to the matter, together with an update against actions required in delivering the Improvement Plan.
Members of the Committee asked questions/raised issues on the following:
(1) the progress made and the fact that activity has continued to be prioritised during the pandemic, be noted;
(2) the progress made to date be noted;
(3) the Interim Executive Director of Children’s Social Care and Education be requested to obtain information on the following:
· Data on Kooth, to include the number of referrals, length of time for responses, calls missed, waiting lists, etc.; together with assurances that schools are aware of the resources available;
· Numbers of young people who are in transition requiring Education, Health and Care Plans;
(4) the Interim Executive Director of Children’s Social Care and Education be requested to submit a report on future priority joint commissioning plans for Children’s Services, together with an update on the development of the Integrated Care Programme, to the next meeting of the Committee scheduled for 28 September 2021.