In accordance with the Local Authority (Public Health, Health and Wellbeing Boards and Health Scrutiny) Regulations 2013 made under the Health and Social Care Act 2012, the membership of the Health and Wellbeing Board comprises of 3 Members of the Council appointed by the Leader of the Council, 3 Statutory Directors of the Council and representatives from various agreed health organisations.
The role of the Board is to:
· To encourage integrated working between commissioners of health services, to public health and social care services.
· To encourage those who provide services related to wider affects of health, so such as housing, to work closely with the Health and Wellbeing Board.
· To lead on the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) and Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy (JHWS) including involving users and the public in their development.
· To be involved throughout the process as Clinical Commissioning Groups
· To develop their commissioning plans and ensure that they take proper account of the Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy when developing these plans.
See Chapter 7 of the Council Constitution.
Support officer: Amy Dyson. Democratic Services Officer
Phone: 0151 934 2045