Southport Liveable Neighbourhood proposal - Sefton Council Petition
Part of the above scheme is to divert traffic away from Duke Street and channel it down St Peters, Everton and Aughton roads.
THIS PETITION IS NOT AGAINST ANY TRAFFIC CALMING PROPOSALS, ONLY AGAINST RE-DESIGNATION OF THE BOUNDARY ROADS AND SUBSEQUENT TRAFFIC REROUTING.
The proposed boundary is not a good idea because:
- Duke Street is a wide straight road between the front and the back of town. St Peters and Everton roads are not the same, although on Google Maps they appear the same size.
- The junction of St Peters, Everton and Claremont roads is a dangerous blind bend.
- There are two churches, a food bank and a primary school on St Peters and Everton roads.
- Duke Street has traffic control at both ends (roundabout and traffic lights), St Peters and Upper Aughton do not.
- St Peters and Everton are often congested with parked cars, meaning single file traffic is common.
- Four new houses will be built on the site of the garden centre on St Peters Road, and a further eight on the site of the Blundell pub on Everton.
During the December consultation meetings it appeared that not a single member of the Sustrans project team or the Sefton Council officer involved were local or had put "boots on the ground" in Birkdale.
This ePetition runs from 14/02/2021 to 13/08/2021.
149 people have signed this ePetition.