Chief Executive at British Destinations Association
Specialisms and Interests:
· UK domestic and international inbound tourism.
· Tourism and tourism product development.
· Destination development and destination regeneration with a particular emphasis on coastal resort regeneration.
· Lobbying and working with Government, government departments and non-governmental agencies, industry groups and other trade bodies and association in support of UK destination-based tourism and visitor economy interests
· Administrator, UK Beach Management Forum.
Positions currently held:
· Visit Britain British Tourism Industry Group board/group member
· Tourism Alliance founding and board member since 2001
· Coastal Communities Alliance founding and group member
· Turning Tides Group (NW bathing waters group) board member
· Liverpool City Region Visitor Economy Board member
· Marketing Southport Chairman
· Southport Pier Trust trustee and Chairman
· Cumbria's Museum of Military Life, The Castle Carlisle, trustee.
Positions previously held:
· Visit England Tourism Industry Advisory Group member
· Visit England Coastal Regeneration Working Group Chairman
· Defra Bathing Water Group member